Have questions or ready for an estimate?
Give us a call. 512-645-1687
Types of Roof Damage
Your roof was built to withstand the elements and years of wear and tear. However, even the strongest roof is susceptible to damage and requires regular upkeep. Each roofing style has its advantages and disadvantages and some are more prone to storm, hail, and wind damage than others. In addition, some types of roofs are more durable than others. Common types of roof damage for residential and commercial properties include:
- Exposed nails or staples. These exposed fasteners can rust and deteriorate, allowing water to leak in around them.
- Weak flashing. Metal flashing helps create a water barrier underneath shingles. If the flashing or the flashing tar is weak or corroded, it can lead to leaks.
- Screws backing out. Over time, the nail or screws used to hold your roofing in place can back out, which makes your roof vulnerable to leaks and damage.
- Punctures and cracks. While punctures and cracks can be caused by storm damage, they can also result from a poor installation. Punctures and tears in the underlayment, flashing and moisture barriers of your roof can lead to deterioration.
- Broken or loose shingles. Strong winds, falling branches, and hail can break or tear away shingles. This can leave portions of your roof bare and open to the elements.
Roof Repair Cost
Because issues within a roofing system are not always obvious, especially in the early stages, you will need a professional assessment to estimate roof repair costs. The experts at LOA Roofing and Construction will provide an expert opinion and give you an estimate of your repair cost. All you have to do is fill out our form, give us a call, or send us an email and we will reach out to you.
Get Your Free Estimate Today
Whether you have recent storm damage, a leak, are designing your dream home, or are looking to add value to your current property, contact us at 512-645-1687 to get your free in-home consultation and estimate.